It's no big secret that I'm a Marvel guy so this installment will feature more titles that aren't Marvel (and yes, manga count as comic books).
1. Old Man Logan: Okay, I won't lie to you. This is probably my favorite stand-alone miniseries that
Marvel's ever done. The storytelling, just the way it brought the MU together in a dystopic alternate future was so...perfect. It's fairly new having been released in 2009, but I think as time goes on, Old Man Logan will stand as Marvel's answer to The Dark Knight Returns. It probably shouldn't get made for a while because of all the other shit Marvel's trying to get made into film, but when it does, I do think that a Hugh Jackman in his 50s-60s would still be a perfect choice. No, really. I can't see anyone else playing Wolverine.
2. Civil War: One of my friends actually pointed this idea out to me. He told me that all this Marvel Cinematic Universe Shit was rumored to be leading up to Civil War. I don't know how Avengers 2 will play out, but I wouldn't be surprised. But damn, that would be fucking brilliant if it all led up to that. A feud between Cap and Iron Man. Only Mark Millar (who also wrote Old Man Logan) could think up such brilliance and it would probably make a killing if it does get made like 10-15 years from now.
3. Age of Reptiles: I've been a dinosaur freak ever since I was about 4. Ricardo Delgado's wordless prehistoric epic. This would be absolutely brilliant as a movie. It could be just so beautifully done and could be what Disney's Dinosaur completely failed to be when Michael Eisner in his infinite wisdom decided to make the characters fucking talk. Oh it's also really violent so maybe it'll appeal to an older crowd as well and show people that the Mesozoic Era was not exactly Barney.
4. Ronin: I haven't read it yet, but it was Samurai Jack was based off it so that must mean it'd make a pretty fucking awesome movie.
5. Lone Wolf and Cub: There have been several live-action Japanese adaptations, but a modern one with modern special effects done with a similar style to movies like 13 Assassins would possibly be the most badass movie of all time. I could see Tadanobu Asano as Ogami Itto.
6. Vagabond: I have a thing for Edo Japan. A series of movies done with modern special effects about Miyamoto Musashi would be absolutely awesome considering that he's easily one of the most badass real men who has ever walked the face of the earth. Oh and they need to finish up that series with a duel with Sasaki Kojiro that they conspicuously left out.
7. Planet Hulk/World War Hulk: I'm adding this in late because I forgot about it. Hulk is a character who has yet to have a solo movie that is, well, spectacular, but I think this could be it. Of course, like Civil War and Old Man Logan, this would have to come after the Avengers 2. This is easily Hulk's best story arc. It's only fitting that it gets made into a big budget movie, even if that animated adaptation was pretty good.